Location: Portland, Maine
Michael Whipple has been an attorney at Hallett Whipple since 2003. Attorney Whipple focuses on trial work, emphasizing state and federal criminal defense. He is a member of the Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL) and a member of the National College for DUI Defense.
Prior to joining Hallett Whipple, Attorney Whipple was an Assistant District Attorney in Portland, Maine. Attorney Whipple handled all levels of felony and misdemeanor cases as a juvenile and adult prosecutor. He prosecuted many OUI cases and instructed cadets at the Maine Criminal Justice Academy on the proper protocols for handling OUI investigations. Attorney Whipple's experience is unparalleled, and he draws on this extensive background in the District Attorney's office each time he defends a client of Hallett Whipple.
A seasoned trial lawyer, Attorney Whipple aggressively pursues each case. He works closely with clients and their loved ones and devotes the time and energy necessary to construct an effective defense. Attorney Whipple has dedicated his practice to representing fellow citizens accused of committing crimes. He is committed to defending and protecting his clients throughout the criminal process.
Attorney Whipple graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a B.A. degree in Political Science and Philosophy in 1995. He obtained his Juris Doctor from Vermont Law School in 1998. He is admitted to Practice in the Maine Federal and State courts and the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- U.S. District Court District of Maine
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont
- Juris Doctor - 1998
University of Colorado , Boulder
- B.A. - 1995
- Major: Political Science and Philosophy
- “Can I Say That? Ethical Issues in Opening Statements and Closing Arguments,” Maine Trial Lawyers and Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Seminar, December 8, 2016.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL) , Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Assistant District Attorney in Portland, Maine